Enabling Customer Innovation to Empower Tomorrow's Technology

What to do if the screen is static and causes touch insensitivity?    Date:2023-10-30

Is static electricity on the screen causing touch failure? How is this going? Let us uncover this mystery together and explore the wonderful phenomena in the electronic world.


When we use a touchscreen phone or tablet, we expect the screen to be sensitive and respond quickly to our commands. Sometimes we may encounter a frustrating problem: touch insensitivity. Our fingers slide or tap across the screen, but nothing seems to happen. What is the reason for this?


The answer is static electricity. Static electricity is the accumulation of electric charge on the surface of an object. When we rub against an object, charge is transferred from one object to another, causing the object to become charged. In our daily life, we often encounter static electricity phenomena, such as when we take off our sweaters, our hair will be attracted to the sweaters.


Static electricity also comes into play on touch screens. Touch screens are made of conductive materials, such as glass or plastic. When our fingers touch the screen, our bodies carry a certain amount of charge. If the charge on our finger is the same as the charge on the screen, they will repel each other, resulting in an insensitive touch. That's why sometimes we need multiple taps or swipes to make the screen responsive.


So, how to solve this problem? There are several ways to reduce the impact of static electricity on your touch screen.


First, we can use a touch pen made of conductive material. These touch pens can help us operate the screen more accurately without being disturbed by static electricity.


Second, we can use anti-static coating to reduce static electricity accumulation on the touch screen. These coatings disperse the charge into the surrounding environment, reducing the build-up of charge on the screen.


Third, we can also reduce the impact of static electricity by keeping the screen clean. Dust and dirt can cause charge to build up on the screen, affecting touch sensitivity. Cleaning the screen regularly can help us maintain a good touch experience.


Fourth, we can also turn off the power. If the touch control is not sensitive, it may be due to rapid switching of program function commands, causing application software response conflicts and delayed response. After restarting, see if the normal screen is restored.


Static electricity is a common problem that causes touch insensitivity. Understanding the principles and effects of static electricity can help us better solve this problem. By using a touch pen made of conductive materials, anti-static coating and regular screen cleaning, we can reduce the interference of static electricity on the touch screen and improve the sensitivity of the touch.


The next time you encounter an unresponsive touch screen problem, don't panic. Static electricity may be the culprit. By understanding how static electricity works and taking appropriate measures, you can easily resolve this issue and enjoy a smooth touch experience. Let us enter the wonderful journey of the electronic world together!

Eurotech is a worldwide supplier and exporter of electronic components, specializing in ICs, LCDs, Memory, Chips, computer parts, networking equipments and other passive components.

Tel: (86) 755 8395 9469


Get in touch Contact Us
Eurotech is a worldwide supplier and exporter of electronic components, specializing in ICs, LCDs, Memory, Chips, computer parts, networking equipments and other passive components. Eurotech offers a variety of inventory business solution to meet the needs of our...
Follow Us:
Contact us
Tel:(86)755 83952292
ShenZhen office:Building A, Jinfeng Zhihui Valley, No. 45, Yonghe Road, Bao'an District,Shenzhen
HK office:Unit 1003-1004,10/F, Block4, Nam Fung Industrial City, 18 Tin Hau Road,Tuen Mun, HONGKONG
For Blog Updates
Subscribe to get the latest relevant information.Fill in your theme、name、email.
© Eurotech All Rights Reserved